IOT201 - Learning the Python Programming Language
IOT202 - Introduction to Data Science using Python
In IOT201, you will learn about the Python Programming language, and the various features that makes it one of the most popular programming languages for beginners as well as advanced programmers.
Once you have mastered the basics of Python, head over to IOT202, where you will learn the various modules and libraries that allow Python to crunch large amount of data. In particular, you will learn:
- NumPy - an extension to the Python programming language, adding support for large, multi-dimensional arrays and matrices, along with a large library of high-level mathematical functions to operate on these arrays.
- Pandas - a software library written for the Python programming language for data manipulation and analysis. In particular, it offers data structures and operations for manipulating numerical tables and time series.
- Matplotlib - a python 2D plotting library which produces publication quality figures in a variety of hardcopy formats and interactive environments across platforms.
Once you have learned the basics of NumPy, Pandas, Matplotlib, it is time to make use of them to analyse your data. In particular, you will analyse:
- Birth Rates in Singapore
- Different types of infectious diseases affecting Singapore
- Prevalence of diseases in adults in Singapore
- Historical trends of stocks
- And more!