Learning to code is all the rage nowadays. Even if you are not preparing for a career in the IT world, learning to program has the following benefits:
- It fosters problem-solving skills
- It promotes critical thinking
- It prepares you for the future!
While it is never too late to start learning programming, the ideal age is to start as early as possible. And it is the exact motivation for this course.
This course is targeted at kids from the age of 12 to 18, who want to get started in programming. With so many programming languages available, what is the best language to get started? The answer is: Python. Python is a high-level programming language that is widely in use. Python code is readable, and its syntax ensures programmers write code that is well-indented and clear. Python is supported on most platforms and is well suited for a wide variety of tasks – ranging from automating your daily platform tasks, to running as a standalone Web Server.
What’s more, Python will be the language taught in the new O-level Computing subject (Secondary 3 level), starting in 2017.
In this course, kids will learn about the Python language, and how it can be used to solve problems. More importantly, kids will learn how to use Python in the real-world, such as how to fetch weather information continuously from a Web service and display it in a chart.
- Introduction to programming
- Getting started with Python
- Lists, Dictionaries, Tuples, Sets
- Data Types
- Connecting and fetching data from the outside world!
- Displaying charts and graphs
Fee and Dates
- 28-30 November 2016 (Mon-Wed)
- 9am to 5pm
- $950 per student (nett, no GST)
- Early bird discount: Register before 30 Sep 2016 and receive a discount of $200!
- Receive an additional discount of $50 when you register 2 students or more
- Each student will get a free Python Code Camp T-shirt
- Course fee includes a lunch and 2 tea-breaks per day
- Participant need to bring along his/her own laptop
170 Bencoolen Street