Monday, August 23, 2010

Android phones recommendation

A number of my course participants asked me which are some of the best Android phones out there in the market. So, here are some of my recommendations:

If you have no budget constraint (who doesn't!!!), then the Samsung Galaxy S is a very good choice. It looks like the iPhone, but what really blows my mind off is the speed of this phone. Try it for yourself and you will know what I mean.

Another good phone to get is the HTC Desire. As the name implies, it is the phone that a lot of developers desire! HTC is well known for making cool phones, and the Desire does not disappoint.

If you are budget constrained (like me), you will find the HTC Wildfire a very good alternative to the two phones mentioned above. I got mine for S$460 at Sim Lim Square, and although it has a lower resolution screen and a slower processor, it is a very good phone to buy for development. I have been playing with it for a couple of days, and it works with Eclipse and hence makes deploying your application from within Eclipse a seamless experience.

No comments: